All returns must be support by your original sale / invoice number.
- We endeavour to supply the correct parts, but it is completely your responsibiltiy to ensure the part(s) will fit and work with all the other parts on your scooter before attempting to fit, modify or alter the parts we supply. We will not be able to accept any returns that have been adjusted or modified for what ever reason.
- We cannot accept any liability involving third party contractors and would advise that no arrangements be made for installation until you are in receipt of your order and it has been checked in full.
- Cambridge Lambretta denies any liability for any consequential loss caused by damaged or faulty items, delay in dispatch or delays by carriers.
General terms & conditions
- Whilst we endeavour to illustrate our products correctly, images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the goods purchased are suitable for the purpose intended. Advice sought by the customer from Cambridge Lambretta Ltd may be given but cannot be relied upon by the customer or guaranteed by Cambridge Lambretta Ltd unless we able to carry out a full inspection of your scooter.
- We provide an extended returns period of 21 days to give you extra peace of mind when ordering. If you wish to cancel your order within 21 days of receipt of your products please contact us via the form above, or Tel. 01223 516662. Products are to be returned in perfect condition to Cambridge Lambretta Ltd, 4 Caxton Rd, Saint Ives PE27 3LS.
- The products being returned must be securely packed to avoid damage to the product or the retail packaging. We recommend returning the products by recorded delivery using Royal Mail or Myhemes (www.myhermes.com). We will refund the cost of postage (up to a maximum of £9.95) in the event of an item arriving damaged or faulty.
- Cambridge Lambretta Ltd does not accept responsibility for goods returned by a customer, but which are not received, unless proof of delivery to us or receipt by carrier is supplied.
- Cambridge Lambretta Ltd will refund all sums paid by you, less cost of return postage.
- Products that carry a manufacturer's guarantee can be returned, if faulty, to us for exchange/refund during the warranty period. All products still in guarantee will be tested upon return. If the seller accepts the return of goods/cancellation of order (other than on the grounds of defect) the seller reserves the right to make a handling, cancellation and restocking charge of 10%.
- For presumed faulty goods, if after testing your product is found to be non-faulty, a charge of £25.00 will be payable to cover collection, testing and redelivery before your goods can be returned.
- Products that are especially made/ordered, perishables i.e. magazines, electrical items, number plates, non stock items, cannot be returned for refund unless faulty/damaged.
- We process returns as quickly as possible. Returns are typically handled within 7 days, but it may take longer if testing is required to confirm the presence of a fault.
- Goods are not allowed to be tried/tested.
- This refund policy does not affect your statutory rights.
What should I do if I have a suspected faulty product?
- Because many of the products we sell tend to be quite technical in nature, we do get quite a lot of products returned which are believed to be faulty, but which are actually found to be free of faults when they are tested. For some products, the number of non-faulty products is as much as 70-80%. To save you the hassle of being without your product for a week or two while it's being tested, and to save us the hassle of testing non-faulty items, you must gain permission from Cambridge Lambretta Ltd before returning faulty goods.
- Due to the high volume of non-faulty items we're sent back under warranty, unfortunately we do ask customers to pay our direct costs in collecting and returning non-faulty items, which is currently £25. There is of course no charge for returning items that are genuinely faulty, but we simply receive so many non-faulty items back (often which only require simple cleaning or maintenance) that we sadly do need to charge the costs we incur for doing so. If you're unsure whether your product is faulty, please check e-mail or call us first
Who pays the postage costs?
- If you want to return an item that's arrived damaged or has developed under a fault under warranty, we will cover postage costs to a maximum of £9.95. If you want to return an unwanted product or order you will need to cover the costs of postage yourself. Since you're responsible for the safe arrival of goods you return to us yourself, we recommend packing the item carefully and using an insured courier service.
Warranty and what we cover.
- Cambridge Lambretta Workshops undertake to repair, replace or credit customers for items which have failed due to genuine design faults or faulty manufacture. Items that show damage through incorrect fitment, misuse or general ware and tare will not be considered for replacement or credit.
- We remind customers to assess the condition of the product before applying for a replacement or credit as we reserve the right to pass on to customers all charges for any labour and return postage costs we incur in assessing incorrect warranty claims.